How long does it take to build a website?
It’s the big question. “How long does it take to design and build a website?”
Our answer: We hate to be unclear, but it depends on your specific project requirements. At a minimum, 4 weeks, but larger projects could take as long as 6 months.
Many people question the time it takes to create a website but there’s a lot of work that goes into the process, especially when building a custom-made site. It is very much a collaborative effort, and an investment of time as well as money. Your website is the most important project you undertake on the internet, no matter what it is: an online store, a personal blog, a landing page or a portfolio site.
It is very much a collaborative effort, and an investment of time as well as money
Great websites take anything from 4 to 16 weeks or longer. It’s not just choosing a template but a full-time job that involves going through crucial phases of design and development. We’ll need to work with you defining your USP (Unique selling proposition), UX (user experience) and UI (user interface) design. We’ll explore the site’s architecture and then developers will work on preparing the code, photography and content is formatted and SEO will be added to ensure optimisation.
- Initial meeting with you & planning. This is the first step, what do you need? What is your business about? We’ll work to present you a realistic timeline based on your needs.
- It’s all about research. We have to know everything about you, your goals, and your competitors, and from here we begin working on wireframes.
- Time to start building design! We begin we some initial concepts from the home page and build out from there. We show you the design mockup, and once the concept is approved, we can start development. This part takes time, up to three-four weeks, making sure the website loads quickly on any device, and has a user friendly experience.
- Getting your site ready to go live! We’ll do final testing assuring URL optimisation, codes, speed, and we’ll organise a training session for you to understand how it works.
- Review and support. Once we finish revising all the details, its time to show your website to the world!
Bear in mind that a website project is alive; it must be updated with new content, visuals, video, or maybe a blog to engage your customers. The more quality content you have, the better organic positioning in search engines.
If you’re looking for a new website, please don’t hesitate to contact us today. We’d be happy to discuss your online business goals.